Storm Eunice RED weather warning for Hampshire
Update: 18/02/2022 08:00
The Met Office have issued a RED weather warning for Hampshire. We are encouraging residents to follow the Met Office advice to be prepared, stay safe and protect property. Keep up to date on the Met Office weather report for Hartley Wintney here
They have issued the following advise:
During the storm
- Stay indoors as much as possible
- If you do go out, try not to walk or shelter close to buildings and trees
- Keep away from the sheltered side of boundary walls and fences – if these structures fail, they will collapse on this side
- Do not go outside to repair damage while the storm is in progress
- If possible, enter and leave your house through doors in the sheltered side, closing them behind you
- Open internal doors only as needed, and close them behind you
- Take care when driving on exposed routes such as bridges, or high open roads, delay your journey or find alternative routes if possible
- Slow down and be aware of side winds, particular care should be taken if you are towing or are a high sided vehicle
- Do not drive unless your journey is really necessary
There will be no Community Bus services running today.
Hampshire County Council have announced that all Hampshire Schools are closed today.
Check the list of confirmed school closures
Should you experience power cuts or fallen trees and debris, Hart District Council have provided the following information.
Should you experience a power cut you can call 105 for more information.
If power lines are down or there is a risk of a tree falling on to a power line, please phone Scottish Southern Electric (SSE) on their emergency telephone number 0800 072 7282, you can also report a problem on their website: Power Track (ssen.co.uk)
If a telephone line has come down or a pole is at risk of failing, please go to the following webpage www.bt.com/help/landline/fix-a-problem/how-can-i-report-damage-to-bt-cables–poles–cabinets-or-manhole or phone – 0800 023 2023 (option 1)
Here is what to do if you are experiencing any issues which involve trees within Hart District:
- If there is a risk to life or possibility of traffic accidents occurring, please Telephone 999
- If a tree is blocking Roads, Pavements or Rights of Way contact Hampshire County Council. The best way to do this is through the online reporting form as Telephone lines may be busy. www.hants.gov.uk/transport/roadmaintenance/roadproblems/treehedge
- For any non-urgent tree issues please email the Hart Team at email@example.com. The team will endeavour to get back to you as soon as they can.
Please stay safe.
Hartley Wintney Parish Council.