As of Monday 6th June 2022, the Parish of Hartley Wintney will be part of the Hampshire County Council Part Night Street Lighting Initiative.
This scheme ensures street lighting on residential roads will be switched off between the hours of 1am and 4am in order to conserve energy.
The initiative excludes the following:
- All A, B and C class roads
- Other routes near to railway stations where lighting provides main access to nearest principal route
- Lighting on side roads adjacent to signalised junctions with pedestrian crossing facilities or subway approaches
- Other routes where serious or fatal night-time accident records indicate a higher risk or where traffic numbers are known to be the same as a principal route especially where these provide a link between other principal routes
- Any lighting on a residential road with vertical traffic calming (road humps)
- Lighting immediately adjacent to a formal pedestrian crossing facility