The Planning Committee is comprised of at least 6 members of the Parish Council. All Members must undertake basic planning training within three months of joining the committee, where possible.
As part of the membership of this Committee, all members will agree to remain impartial on planning matters, declare interests and refrain from disclosing an opinion on planning applications within a public forum, unless authorised to do so on behalf of the Parish Council and Planning Committee.
The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and Conservation Area Review Group shall report back through this Standing Committee.
The Planning Committee maintain delegation rights to run planning discussions remotely as well as ‘offline’ (i.e. via email exchange supervised by the Executive Clerk) in the instances where, there would be an unnecessary delay to planning responses due to reduced consultation timeframes and/or availability of Planning Committee members for an in person or online/remote meeting.
The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group, Traffic Partnership and Community Bus Working Party shall report back through this Standing Committee. The following is a brief resume of the Standing Committee’s areas of responsibility:
- Expenditure approval in line with allocation budget (see Annual Budget)
- Preparation of annual budgets, for submission to Finance Committee for collation
- Parish Neighbourhood Plan – via appropriate Steering Group
- Planning applications: submission of comments on planning applications within and impacting on the parish
- Planning applications and appeals
- Appoint a representative to deliver a pre-agreed speech to HDC Planning Committee on applications which merit further representation by the Parish Council
- Conservation Areas: monitoring and liaison with Hart District Council
- Licencing applications: submission of comments on licencing applications within the parish
- Planning Appeals including representations at Planning Inspectorate hearings and public enquiries as necessary
- The Committee can meet with residents, as appropriate, to advise them on the process for submitting planning applications
- Local Development Framework: monitor changes and preparation of the Parish Council submission
- Local Development: to represent the Parish Council at pre-planning meetings as considered appropriate and to hear submissions from developers
- To review the Neighbourhood Plan at least every five years after it has been ‘made’. The Committee will promote the use of the Neighbourhood Plan, as required
- To make comment and representations, as appropriate, on neighbouring Parish Neighbourhood Plans
- Minerals & Waste: liaison with neighbouring parishes and preparation of Parish Council submission
- Housing, including Affordable: liaison with Hart District Council, Vivid Housing Group and HARAH and Hastoe Housing Association
- Aviation: representation on Blackbushe Airport Consultative Committee
- Parking: liaison with relevant authorities to improve on and off street parking facilities and controls
- Highways and Traffic: represent the Parish Council on highways and traffic related matters including pedestrian safety
- Community Bus Scheme monitoring
- Parish Council community buildings: maintenance and improvements
- Community Assets
As in line with Hartley Wintney Parish Council Financial Regulations, this Standing Committee shall have authority to spend items up to £5,000, as identified via the Community Aspirations and Projects List. It is recommended that the Projects list is ratified at Full Council prior to submission of the following year’s budget.
Any items which exceed this amount or are in addition to the pre-approved Projects List, must be as a recommendation to the next Parish Council meeting.
Details of the Planning Committee meetings can be found in Agendas and Minutes.