Our annual Community Awards Event will take place on Saturday 18th September 2021 during our Community Picnic at The Lucy Pygott Centre. This is an open event where all local community groups and organisations are welcome to attend. Please click on the categories below for more information and a list of past recipients.
- Lifetime Award (New category) – for a local individual that has devoted many years of voluntary work (as an individual or part of a group) to contribute to village life.
- Business Award (New category) – for a Hartley Wintney based business that has gone above and beyond, offering invaluable service to the community during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Community Award – for a local individual that contributes to village life in a voluntary capacity.
- British Legion Cup – for a local voluntary group or organisation that contributes to the life of the village.
- Vaughan Memorial Award – for a person who works closely with the Parish Council, (in a paid or voluntary capacity), who it is felt makes a marked contribution to village life.
Congratulations to the winners in 2020
Connie Cockcroft – actively involved in several organisations for many years
Barbara Smee – Victoria Hall Charity
Paul Leader, Rory Wells, Claire Staniforth and Philly Wood – the Explorer Scout and Network Leaders
Hartley Wintney Junior Football Club – the club and its group of dedicated volunteers
John Carlisle – as ‘Skip’, leading the 4th Bramshill Scouts Wednesday evening troop
Vaughan Memorial Award
Cathy Roberts – a Parish Councillor and then Chairman of Hartley Wintney Parish Council
The Royal British Legion Cup
Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group – for the team who worked on the Plan from 2014 to 2019