The Christmas Market – Thursday 2nd December
We are excited to announce that the Hartley Wintney Christmas Market is back for 2021! Please note the following arrangements;
Road and parking bay closures will be in effect from 11.30am on Thursday 2nd December 2021, with the market set up from 1.30pm ready for 4pm OPEN.
We have taken some additional measures this year to allow for social distancing, where possible, and included wider spacing of stallholders to discourage queuing in main walkways. As such, all Hot Food and Drink vendors will be in the small market area of Monachus Car Park, just off Belgrave Mews. As less stall holders are on the main High Street, we have also been able to keep the disabled parking bays open this year.
As usual, there will be FREE parking in Monachus Car Park and Victoria Hall Car Park and visitors travelling by car to the event are encouraged to park in these areas rather than on residential roads.
We are very excited about the mix of market traders attending as many are small local businesses, to whom we are proud to show our support. We do however, ask that all visitors to this event, keep safe by maintaining good hand hygiene, social distancing where possible, and if appropriate to wear face coverings when in close contact with others.
- Independent market traders
- Food and drink vendors
- A visit from Father Christmas
- 6.30 -7pm The Shuffletunes Choir will be singing carols off Belgrave Mews
- Live music from Grandpa Spells Jazz band
- A fireworks display to close the evening at 8pm. The fireworks will be let off from the Central Common. Please note that there will be footpath closures on the Central Common between 7.30 and 8.30pm. View the notice of closure here.
- Late night opening from many of the high street retailers, food and drink establishments and high street businesses. The following establishments have confirmed late night opening:
Moutan, Boo Bridal, Organically Speaking, Greenwood Goldsmiths, The Sweet Shop, Ta-Da! Beauty (will be offering discounts on all products and future bookings made at the event), AW Porter, Cashmere Goose
Please come along and support local, small businesses this Christmas! To download a printable PDF copy of the map, please click here.
We would also welcome any volunteers to help litter pick after the event closure at 8.15pm.